Monday, February 21, 2011

God uses movies to MOVE ME!

Sometimes you watch a clip and it will merely tug at your heart, but sometimes it will change your life. God has a history with me of using movies to direct His path for me. See here for the first time God did such a thing. I must say that when I saw this video just now, I had just warmed up my coffee and settled in on my couch, opening up my laptop to give the 9 1/2 minutes to see this clip.

Shortly thereafter I glanced away from the screen and my surroundings filled my eyes: the flat screen TV in its cabinet, framed pictures of our children on the walls, the stained glass window in our stairwell.

I spit out my coffee, broken by wracks of sobbing.

Something is not right with this unbalanced world. I sit here warm on an icy cold day, sipping coffee in the luxury of my secure home and these children...well, just watch the film.



These verses just seem right to add after watching this:

"He [Jesus] replied, Blessed rather are those who hear the Word of God and obey it." Luke 11:28


"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Romans 2:13 


Perhaps another translation will speak more clearly to your heart:

"Merely hearing God's law is a waste of your time if you don't do what He commands. Doing, not hearing, is what makes the difference with God." Romans 2:13 from The Message

Again, I pray that we will not merely be hearers of the Word, but doers.

And if you're like me, you are hoping that there's more to Sam and Esther and big sister Jane's story. There is! I found it for you: watch the follow up.

So I conclude with a question and I ask it of me but also of YOU:
Now, what will I DO now that I've heard?

3 comments:

  1. My God ... I feel like I've been punched in the stomach ... I was gonna say music, music is what has always moved me ... but wow, can't shake those images. Unbelievable. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. that may be the most painful 9 minutes i've ever experienced....all my selfishness and comfort and petty arguments, etc., etc. just flashed before my eyes...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you guys watch the follow up? I loved seeing those same children being loved, cared for and the hope for Jane!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...