Sunday, December 15, 2013

Art Auction Surprises…



Hillsong United has a song called "Oceans" that sings how the Spirit calls us out upon the waters…"the great unknown, where feet may fail."

This is how accepting the challenge to paint 20 canvases and then (gulp) put them out there to be auctioned felt to me.

I prayed like crazy and then slid my toe out into the great, vast waters of the unknown. Boxes of blank canvases sat at my feet on the left, bottles of paint on my right.

And taking His hand, I began.

Now, after the first day of the auction…I am in utter shock.

Not only have you sweet friends and family bid on each painting…the first day's total is over $1,000!!

WHAT?!?!?!??!

…Hillsong sings, "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the water, wherever you would call me…"

And so, I'm walking...

It's been scary, and then downright humbling and tear-inducing.

Then the surprise of all: everyone seems to want a hoodie/t shirt in one of the designs!

Seriously, I am so blown away.

Through all of this, Esty is coming home! 

We begin the Travel Approval wait tomorrow! This approval is the final thumbs up before we buy our tickets and GO!

This wait can take up to 4 weeks. But recently I saw a family get theirs in FIVE DAYS. (double gulp!)

I thought I would share the paintings here that can be bid on through MONDAY NIGHT. If you see something you like, please jump on over to the Facebook group to add your bid!









This is the design we are working on putting into a hoodie/T shirt. If you are interested, comment below or let me know on Facebook! 





















post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...