Thursday, March 17, 2011

Faith Triumphs!

So I posted yesterday about the sheer battle taking place in our hearts. Fear can be intense, and given a little fuel, it can run over you like a Mack truck. No shred of what you'd originally come for left.

But then God.

He gave us peace yesterday. People wrote encouraging messages. Shared stories. Reminded us of HOW BIG our God is. And they prayed.

One thing that I loved from yesterday's support system was this:

Trusting God does not mean that we will never have questions, doubts, or fears. We cannot simply turn off the natural thoughts and feelings that arise when we face difficult circumstances. Trusting God means that in spite of our questions, doubts, and fears we draw on his grace and continue to believe that he is loving, that he is in control, and that he is always working for our good. Such trust helps us to continue doing what is good and right, even in difficult circumstances.

Taken from The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict
by Ken Sande, Updated Edition (Grand Rapids, Baker Books, 2003) p. 65


So, I can be scared but still move forward because my faith is not in anyone but GOD. And He is bigger. He is trustworthy. I can trust Him. Not for a peachy outcome, but for being about His work in all of our lives. He is conforming me daily more into His Son's image. I've been predestined for this! Perhaps this* situation is exactly what is part of that "good, pleasing and perfect will" that He has for me.

Here's the tour of verses He took me on this morning:


“The Lord looked and was displeased
 to find that there was no justice.
He was amazed to see that
 no one intervened to help the oppressed.”
                                                               Isaiah 59:15, 16

"To all who mourn in Israel,
He will give BEAUTY FOR ASHES,*
Joy for mourning,
praise for despair,
For the Lord has planted them like 
strong and graceful oaks for His glory."
                          Isaiah 61:3



"Tears of joy will stream down their faces
and I will lead them HOME with great care."
                                              Jeremiah 31:9




*This situation and this song go together in my heart. This very well may be what God has planned for us...and we will wait quietly until it is time to reveal it. Then, I promise we will. Until then, please pray for us to have wisdom beyond ourselves and bigger measure of faith in our incredible God.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for sharing that song. I've absolutely fallen in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed the reminders that song brings... "Your grace restores my life... You make all things new." Of course, since I'm in the final stretches of carrying this baby, I'm relating everything to the newness of life (while feeling so old and faded). Beauty for ashes... trusting God in EACH moment of EACH day -- even the crummy moments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...