Monday, April 22, 2013

A Mothering Prayer

Long silences from me in cyber space...

Yet I write a thousand blog posts as I sit beside Toby's crib...waiting for elusive sleep to descend.

I have so much to say. Going way back to his orphanage visit back in China.

How can I ever get the time?

I only now sneak a few minutes as the littles are sharing a snack and painting with watercolors. An activity that will expire in approximately 10 minutes.

I am doing the things you might imagine: cooking, laundry, kissing boo boos, rocking, reading, making ponytails, helping with homework, cleaning up, and lots and lots of praying.

These children are my calling.

There are six of them now.

They are such a blessing. I know that full well.

I never lose sight of the fact that two of them are former orphans. Their needs differ from my biological children.

They need special understanding. They stretch me in new ways. Often requiring me to have long distance patience, something I never began motherhood with.

I love these verses from Hebrews 13: 20-21...it has been my constant prayer as God stretches me to become the mother they need:


"Now may the God of peace-- who brought of from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with His blood--

May He equip you with all you need for doing His will. 
      May He produce in you through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him.

All glory to Him forever and ever! Amen!"

...and I hear it..."Mommy!!" Time to get off the computer again. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...