Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Can't Seem to Stay Out of Prison...

Today I was inexplicably drawn back to M. (It was an honor to return with the Sixty Feet team.) I cannot give up an opportunity to visit these children as often as possible.


I visited with the boy in the cell. 




I have no idea how much time elapsed. 

Perhaps time stood still.

My friend Kelsey and I sang "Jesus Loves Me" together with our new friend. As you might guess, I got choked up on the "Yes, Jesus loves me" refrain. But it is so true--Jesus loves this boy.


I am so drawn to these children. Their stories rip my heart out and I am literally compelled by the love of Christ to keep returning. Samuel Beja gets out of his cell tomorrow, but we won't be able to be there then (adoption proceedings!). I do however greatly look forward to seeing him at my next opportunity!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...