Thursday, January 27, 2011

A beautiful tribute

Eric with his daughter Ruby
My brother in law's birthday is today and his beloved wife found this quote that in her words, "describe him perfectly." Wow. What a tribute to a husband. These are two people maintaining, fostering and reinventing love in the middle of raising 3 small children. Bless them, O God!!

"The way to God lies through love of people. At the Last Judgment I shall not be asked whether I was successful in my ascetic exercises, nor how many bows and prostrations I made. Instead I shall be asked: Did I feed the hungry, clothe the naked, an visit the sick and the prisoners? That is all I shall be asked." ~St. Maria of Paris
                                                                                   


Happy birthday, Eric. The way you live your life to serve the downtrodden and needy inspires us all.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen this about Eric before - I love it and I love Eric. He is truly an amazing man. Blessed to know all of you Shaws.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...