Monday, November 26, 2012

BLOWN AWAY by Californians who Love Toby!!

I truly cannot believe it.

We returned home from our Thanksgiving party trot to find a very bulky envelope in the mailbox.

A fellow adoptive mom of a child with AMC (Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita) asked me on Facebook how much money we still needed to bring Toby home.

"Approximately $20,000." I answered her.

"Oh. Wow."

The next thing I know, she's rallied together people in the state of California to help bring Toby home!

Her plug went like this: "My friend Amy is working to bring home an orphan named Toby who has AMC. Her family is only $20 short...times 1,000. I want to show them how many people in California love and care about Toby. My daughter will have an envelope pinned to her shirt and when you see her, place your $20 bill in the envelope for Toby."

She called it, "Twenties for Toby."

When I learned about this campaign I was in tears.

Totally humbled.

But when we got the mail yesterday and opened up this stack of twenties...it was AWE-inspiring.

Thirty-one Californians care that Toby not sit in that orphanage one SECOND longer than he must!

Hallelujah! God is so incredible!!!!

I want to thank my friend Alexis for this amazing act of love for what God is doing in our family and in Toby's life. Alexis, when I see your son in his casts...I honestly cannot wait to get Toby's AMC treatment started!

What joy it is to know that others care for an orphan sitting in the corner of China who is in desperate need of medical attention. Thank you to each of you---our family salutes the State of California for their wonderful support of bringing Toby home!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...